From Richard, KF5RHI:
Here is everyone’s formal invite to W5SH’s Field Day event at Hicks Airfield – 264 Aviator Drive – Fort Worth, Texas 76179 on June 27th 2020. See map, below.
Society has changed for a number of reasons, to that end, we must have rules for field day to make it enjoyable for all.
- You are driving on an active taxiway, aircraft have the right of way. Obey all signage.
- If you cause interference with aviation frequencies, cease operation immediately. You are operating from an active airport (This is a Private airfield with NO TOWER operations).
- At no time should you drive on the grass to the west of the Taxiway. This infield has lights and other navigational aids and can pose a danger to you and aircraft.
- No one will be allowed to attend without signing a waiver. See attached or we will have them available on site.
- Due to governor’s orders, PPE is suggested, use is your choice – see rule 4.
- Hand sanitizer is recommended.
- Restroom is graciously provided by our host – good aim is appreciated.
- There are NO facilities for campers or trailers.
- Parking will be pull in on the grass south of the hangar.
- Coax and antennas are going to populate the south area, No Driving into the field to set up.
- The North west area (beyond the 3 hangars) has a septic and leach field so NO DRIVING in that area.
- It is likely an antenna or 2 will be in the north east area and space will be allocated for the golf cart so NO DRIVING OR PARKING north of the operational Hangar.
- Radio bands will be declared and operation will be managed by assignment. Please bring your radio and antenna but realize that with 6 Bands there will be times where operation will not be permitted.
- If you operate, you will be required to create an ADIF log file that can be uploaded to the club consolidates log.
- All radio’s in the operation area will be on alternate (battery) power.
- All operators will be limited to operate below 120 watts.
- Antenna placement will be coordinated.
- Drop off parking will be permitted in front of the hangar, but vehicles must be moved to the grass quickly.
- Antenna set up ‘can occur’ Friday afternoon as specified in the ARRL rules.
- Sleeping will be accommodated in the loft Friday and Saturday night. Fans are recommended, it is not air conditioned but typically remains at ambient air temperature due to the insulation.
- If you do not have a radio, may operators, at their choice may ask you if you want to operate their gear, please respect this and be mindful of rule 1.
- No smoking in the hangar or hangar area.
- All grills, smokers and cooking will be north of the hangar, this will prevent smoke from overcoming the hanger.
- Coolers are recommended and suggested. There is not a fridge at the hangar so bring loads of ice.
- Lunch and Dinner are being planned for Saturday. Please notify the committee if you have dietary restrictions. The diner (approx. ½ mile away) has limited hours on weekends.
- We had planned some educational events, in light of the change, we will attempt to accommodate your education needs. There are at least 2 Elmers attending, and an old curmudgeon. Provide ideas before field day so we have tools to demonstrate or educate your needs.
- VEs will be available for anyone wanting to get his/her license or upgrade to Extra (KF5LKG…Hint…Hint).
AE5YP Digital modes end fed random (kinda random 200+ feet)
W5RSG Digital mode G5RV and END Fed ½ wave
NV5F CW G5RV
KF5RHI Phone/Digital Buddy Pole
N2DPF AG5YY GOTA Dipole
N2DPF KG5YWK Phone Dipole
If you are bringing a radio and antenna please let us know (see this message thread on groups.io) …
Come out and have a good time and be safe!
KF5RHI, VP Kilocycle ARC
Field Day Committee
Map to W5SH Field Day Event at Hicks Airfield: